After church last Sunday some of the ladies suggested that I put a recipe in this section. That sounded like a good idea to me. I had to find one that wasn’t in our Ascension Drop-box cookbook.. (If you would like the link just email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.) I did a search and found a website called, Old Lutherans, The Center for Lutheran Pride! (http://www.oldlutheran.com) I think I’m going to share a few gems of wisdom from this site over the next few weeks. There are even recipes! This one was in their top five and it looked good to me. I hope you enjoy it. — Jo
TORTILLA CHICKEN CASSEROLE A delicious southwest flavor in a chicken casserole.
INGREDIENTS 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts 4 to 6 green onions, chopped 1 4 oz. can chopped green chile peppers, drained 2 10 3/4 ounce cans condensed cream of chicken soup 1 16 ounce carton sour cream 12 corn tortillas, quartered 8 to 12 ounces shredded cheddar cheese DIRECTIONS Cook chicken breast until white throughout.
1. Combine onions, peppers soup and sour cream.
2. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces and add to mixture
3. Line ungreased 9X13 inch baking dish with half of the tortillas
4. Spread half of the soup mixture over the tortillas.
5. Sprinkle with 1/2 of the cheese.
6. Cover with remaining tortillas.
7. Add remainder of soup mixture
8. Top with cheese.
9. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.